[Bridge] bridging bluetooth bnep devices with kernel 2.6.6-*

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:02:58 +0200
Diego Liziero <liziero.diego@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your support.
>
> I'm back with the "brige freezes when bluetooth bnep0 disconnects
> before bnep1" issue.
>
> As reported in the bluez-devel mailing list, in a bridge
> called pan0 with the interfaces bnep0, bnep1, .. bnep6
> connected, if the interface bnep6 is disconnected first,
> everything works fine, but if bnep0 is disconnected before
> the others, the bridge stops to work.
>
> Arping from bnep1 to the brige results in just the first
> answer received.
>
> To make it work again I have to use the following dirty hack:
>  brctl delif pan0 bnep1
>  brctl addif pan0 bnep1
>
> Someone in the bluez-devel mailing list told that also setting the
> bridge in promiscuous mode with tcpdump makes the bridge
> back to work.
>
> Now I'm removing and re-adding all the bridge components
> when hotplug detects that a "bnep?" device ceases to exist.
>
> Any better solution?
>
> Regards,
> Diego

Sounds like an issue with how the bnep does promiscious mode.
Do you see messages on the console like:
	device bnep0 left promiscious mode

Also, the bnep driver seems to need BT_BNEP_MC_FILTER enabled
to do multicast.

When you remove bnep0 first, what does "brctl showstp pan0" show?