[Bridge] bridging ipv6

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:45:51 +0100
filipe abrantes <filipe_abrantes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hello all:
>
> im trying to set up a bridge for ipv6, but i cant manage to get it
> working, does someone have experience with this?

Kernel version, and other info please.

> i used the common :
>
> brctl addbr br0
> brctl addif br0 eth0
> brctl addif br0 eth2
>
> then to set up the ip's i tried
>
> ifconfig eth0 inet6 add ::/0

There is no point in using ipv6, here it is just enabling the
interfaces.
	ifconfig eth0 up
or	ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
does the same thing.

> ifconfig eth2 inet6 add ::/0
> ifconfig br0 inet6 add 2020::2/128
>
> and also tried(the above didnt work for me):
>
> removing all addresses from all bridged interfaces (even the link local
> ones).

What is the state of eth0, eth2, and br0?
Does the bridge work for packets going through?
Can you ping anything?
What about doing a tcpdump on br0?

> Another question:
>
> Is there any way i can set up a bridge and then block all level 2
> forwarding between the bridged interfaces?

That is called bonding, use it instead of bridging.