[Bridge] rapid spanning tree

Hi list,

I'm very new to this list, but we have the task to realize a linux
based bridging device with fast loop detection support. We want to
built an embedded linux device ( arm7 or arm9 based) with 3 ethernet
interfaces. As I understood, the linux bridging code contains already
stp (802.1d) support. So we could try to use this and to play with the
stp timing constants, but I think, it would be much better to implement
the 802.1w extensions in the bridging code. Are there any hints re-
garding this subject and is there any detailed documentation about
the linux bridging code (besides the source code itself) or is there
already a project running to implement 802.1w for a recent linux kernel?

thanks a lot and best regards
Christian Schroeder

Dr.-Ing. Christian Schroeder
Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme
Langewiesener Strasse 22
98693 Ilmenau
Telefon: +49 3677 678315
Telefax: +49 3677 678337