[Bridge] hw checksum problems

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 01:16:47PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to make a bridge between a Broadcom BCM5703 gigabit ethernet
> and a sun happy meal fastethernet interface. The sunhme card supports hw
> checksums (and cannot be turned off in the driver). I applied the patch
> (to set CHECKSUM_NONE on forwarded packets), but I still get kernel oopses
> (though it seems less often than before). I cannot tell exactly what
> triggers it, sometimes it seems a large ping, sometimes a broadcast ping,
> sometimes just normal network traffic. Any ideas?

Oh, I forgot :) The kernel is 2.4.22 with the execshield patch. The cards
work nicely when there is no bridge. One more specific info: when bridged,
under normal circumstances the hme port is in blocking state (it should
start forwarding only if the tg3 link is down).

--
Madarasz Gergely   gorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   gorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx