Can the Nexus 5's ARM-SMMU isolate the baseband processor?

Can the Nexus 5's ARM-SMMU isolate the baseband processor and if it can,
does anything need to be done to enable it to actually do that on Linux?

Myself and a couple others are thinking of trying to port Gentoo Linux
to phone hardware. The Nexus 5 seems to be a decent candidate because
its hardware is relatively recent with nice specifications, it is on
sale for $199.99 and it appears to have open source drivers available
for most of its components (although not all are mainline currently).

I need to know the answer to the subject question before I pull the
trigger on this (as the money for this would be coming out of my
pocket). If the answer is no, then I will need to find another phone.