Re: [Celinux-dev] About the "Tiny Linux Kernel" project

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011, wu zhangjin wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Tim Bird <tim.bird@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 06/10/2011 05:16 PM, Tim Bird wrote:
> >> The system has a full network and bluetooth stack, sensor
> >> monitoring software, and a web browser.
> > Oops. Should be "web server". ?I don't know of a modern
> > browser that fits in less than 3 meg.
>
> For web browser, what bout lynx, links2 and w3m?  ;-)

and if limited functionality is needed a custom browser can be
built easily (even netcat + shell could do) - for web servers
there are plenty of very small servers for serving static pages
combined with a process to updated the pages (i.e. cron/shell loop)
this is fine for monitoring a system  (thttp or the like - 20k)
the static page limit is actually advisable due to security issues
or it starts getting really complicated.

hofrat