Re: [Celinux-dev] About the "Tiny Linux Kernel" project

Hi, Tim

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Tim Bird <tim.bird@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/10/2011 05:16 PM, Tim Bird wrote:
>> The system has a full network and bluetooth stack, sensor
>> monitoring software, and a web browser.
> Oops. Should be "web server".  I don't know of a modern
> browser that fits in less than 3 meg.

For such a system, I suggest you use the idea in another project
launched by me ;-)

It is vnstagsvg: http://vnstatsvg.sourceforge.net/

"vnStatSVG is a web front-end to vnStat(a network traffic logger). it
only requires a cgi-supported http server setup but also generates a
graphical report with SVG. and with the support of AJAX, it has a very
scalable architecture, hence, it is suited to the resource-limited
distributed & embedded linux system."

So, the httpd web server provided by busybox is enough, therefore you
can simply ignore the "web server" ;-)

If you want the background idea of this project, welcome to read my
paper: "A CGI+AJAX+SVG based monitoring method for distributed and
embedded system".

Best Regards,
Wu Zhangjin