Re: Embedded Linux Flag Version

On 11/09/2010 09:25 AM, Nicholas Mc Guire wrote:
> I guess one of the key issues is that it would need to be defined beforehand
> what version will be used as the next "flag" version so vendors could make
> sure that there drivers are available.

Yeah.  People keep asking about that.  Unfortunately, this was
not discussed or settled on - so I can't really comment on that
as an industry representative.  However, I will say that we'd like
to work to synchronize our next flag version with the next
enterprise stable release.  (But again, it will depend on timing).

Personally (not speaking on behalf of anyone else here), I think
there would be a certain poetry to selecting 2.6.42 (which may
just also be the same as or one before kernel version 3.1)

;-)

 -- Tim