Re: [PWM 01/10] API to consolidate PWM devices behind a common user and kernel interface

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:35 AM, sugumar <sugumar.embedded@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I have been working on writing generic PWM driver that provides common
> interface to all the PWM devices. I hadn't come across this thread until kevin
> pointed out. It looks like a very good implementation and i would like to make
> my eHRPWM driver to fit into this framework. eHRPWM (enhanced high resolution
> pwm) module has other features such as Dead Band, PWM chopper and Trip Zone and
> i am not sure how to incorporate these in the generic framework. I really need
> you help here.

Ok.  Can you point me to a datasheet for the part?

>    I am sure the generic framework should support all the features provided by
> the PWM devices. For eg, eHRPWM has Trip-Zone feature where an asynchronous
> input (incase of short circuit .) can be configured to generate an interrupt.
> I am interested in finding a way to handle this. Kindly give your comments.

Well, we could handle it in the generic framework by adding to the
synchronization callback mechanism.  Or we could leave it as a feature
unique to the eHRPWM device, and a device-specific solution.

Maybe I will have a better idea once I look at the hardware.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx