Re: CELF Project Proposal - Feasibility analisys of Android introduction in a completely tested industrial device

Raffaele Recalcati wrote:
> 2009/12/18 Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> tested industrial device.

>> The declared Android requirements are instead lower, about 200Mhz Arm9
>> cpu with 100Mhz Ram bus.
>> So I think the growing interest in this O.S. lacks some porting to
>> less powerful cpus.
>> The reasons to do this porting are commercial because of Google market
>> power, but are also technnical, because Android debugging environment
>> is very nice for not embedded developers.
>> This could help the diffusion of opensource embedded Linux.

This is interesting.  Can you let me know if the focus of this work
is to experiment with the lower bounds of Android scalability, or
whether the focus is on Android use in industrial devices?

If the latter, than it would be good to hear more about what might
be needed to extend (or reduce :-) ) Android to fit this market.

I'll add a proposal for this, but I'd like to hear more to clarify
the proposal.

Thanks,
 -- Tim