[ANNOUNCE] Embedded Linux Conference 2009

My apologies in advance for this notice.  I only do this
a few times a year. Some people on this list may be interested....

Embedded Linux Developers,

Registration for Embedded Linux Conference 2009 -
   "Ubiquity" - is now open!

The conference is coming soon - It will be April 6, 7 and 8
in San Francisco, California.

The program is now available at the conference web site at:
http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/elc_2009/
(see the "Program" and "Sessions" tabs).

Here are some highlights:

Keynote speakers Dirk Hohndel and David Woodhouse will talk about
recent trends in Linux development, and what it means now that
Linux has achieved ubiquity in the embedded space.

* Dirk Hohndel is Intel's Chief Linux and Open Source Technologist
and former CTO of SuSE

* David Woodhouse is the official "embedded" maintainer for the mainline
Linux kernel, and the original author of the JFFS2 flash filesystem.

Just a few of the notable speakers presenting at the conference include:

* Jim Ready - Founder and CTO of MontaVista
* Kate Alhola - Maemo chief engineer in Forum Nokia
* Dan Malek - Founder and CTO of Embedded Alley
* Mike Anderson - CTO and Chief Scientist at The PTR Group

Along with these speakers, there will be 3 days of presentations,
tutorials and Bird-of-a-Feather sessions on topics like:

Flash filesystems, real-time Linux, graphics systems for embedded,
mobile and embedded distributions, optimizations for embedded
processors (SH, ARM, MIPS, PPC), security, memory management,
porting and platform bringup, networking, development tools,
compilers, tracing, bootup time reduction, power management,
   and (surprisingly) more!

This is your chance to talk to engineers working on real products at
some of the largest CE companies in the world, describing how they
solved real issues in their own development projects.  Also, meet
leading developers from the embedded Linux community, and learn about
the latest changes in Linux.  The Embedded Linux Conference is one of
the leading events where you can learn directly from the experts.
Just take a look at past conferences to see the technical depth of
this event!
See http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/history.html

I know... - In the current economic conditions, it's going to be tough
to convince your management to let you come to a conference - but NOW
is exactly the time to be honing your Linux skills and increasing
the efficiency of your development work.  A 15-minute hallway
conversation with an expert can save you weeks of development effort.
It's happened to me again and again at Embedded Linux Conferences
over the years, which is one of the reasons I keep coming back!

Register now by following the link on the conference page at:
    http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/elc_2009/

Please note that this year, we are co-locating with the Linux Foundation
Collaboration Summit.  This event will be held April 8-10 in the same
venue. As a special one-time opportunity, the Linux Foundation has
agreed to allow to ELC attendees to participate in that event as
well (at no charge). The Collaboration Summit is normally an invitation-only
event, so this is a unique opportunity to participate and interact
with additional community and industry Linux developers and leaders!

The website for the Collaboration Summit is:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/collaboration-summit

We've got a great event planned, that we're sure you won't want to miss.
Register now and join us in San Francisco, for more progress towards
embedded Linux "Ubiquity"!

Register by March 20th to receive the "early-bird" (no relation to me)
discount!
 -- Tim