Re: embedded rootfs utility

Hey Behan, a few more comments...

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Behan Webster <behanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> Thanks for this useful tool!
>> I'm used to plain debootstrap, but decided to give your elbs-rootfs a try for
>> creating up a mipsel and a powerpc NFS root file system. It worked fine,
>> except for one minor nit. As an NFS root file system is mounted read-only by
>> default, I had to manually do
>>
>> | mount -n proc /proc -t proc
>> | mount -n -o remount -w /
>>
>> before running finish.sh. Perhaps this can be added to the top of finish.sh?
>>
> Odd.  I never had this issue.  It has always just worked for me.

I had to do this also, and I had to explicitly "export PATH" to get
the finish script to work.  Otherwise I dpkg complains.

What I probably did differently is that I booted the system with
"init=/bin/bash" on the command line instead of letting it just run
init.  I needed to do this because if I let it run init, I got
complaints about PAM failures when trying to log in as root.  How are
you booting the system on first run?

Also, when booting on something like a 5200 with an uncommon serial
ports name (ttyPSC0), I had to manually add the /dev/ttyPSC0 device
file before it would boot.

Cheers,
g.

--