Re: initramfs size limitation

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 16:54:38 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > but they just ripped out the old code
> > generator in favor of a new one
> > (See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-02/msg00011.html )
> > so there's not much point in going there right now.  (Hopefully they'll
> > have a 1.0 release within our lifetimes.)
>
> i'm aware the tcg stuff exists, but that's about it.  only hope for
> new ports atm is to contract a qemu guy.  not that the qemu guys would
> mind.  thanks for the link.

I have once again allowed myself to get buried in dayjob, but this one only
lasts until the end of the month and _then_ I plan to get
http://landley.net/qemu caught up to the present.

I'm the meantime, I'm still trying to extend my FWL scripts to create a cross
compiler and bootable filesystem for every target qemu supports.  Mips
regressed in 2.6.25 because they yanked out the specific qemu target
(http://www.kernel.org/hg/index.cgi/linux-2.6/rev/79936) so I'm migrating the
sucker to use a malta kernel .config, and then I can do a 0.4.0 release with
the distcc trick working out of the box.

(QEMU remains a _marvelous_ toy for doing embedded development, to the point
it's now kind of hard for me to take seriously a platform that doesn't have a
decent emulator I can run on my laptop.)

> -mike

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.