Re: Some embedded topics

In message <8bd0f97a0805282121j10a99bb7ve92efc6a8dc8bbb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> how about the fact that when the core resets, the memory controller is
> often reset as well ?  that external memory is going to degrade.  or
> do we just bite our thumb and weather the few random bit errors ?

It depends. In all cases we tested  so  far  we  have  never  seen  a
corrupton because the hardware and U-Boot were quick enough to get at
least refresh running again in time.

If you are really concerned, there are other options. For example  on
systems  that  have  OCM or SRAM you can put the log buffer there. We
did this in a project on 440EPx.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@xxxxxxx
To be awake is to be alive.        - Henry David Thoreau, in "Walden"