Re: Fwd: Some embedded topics

2008/5/28 Marco Stornelli <marco.stornelli@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Joe MacDonald ha scritto:
>>
>> Resending to the whole list since the last time it looks like gmail
>> had decided I wanted to send HTML.
[...]
>> That, and pramfs seems to be largely untouched these days, but since I
>> haven't used it recently, I don't know if the lack of activity is due
>> to neglect or stability.
>>

> There's a MontaVista patent on PRAMFS and I think that most of times when a
> company hears this thing it skips quickly this solution. Sometimes ago I
> sent a porting to 2.6.24, but I didn't receive any response.

Really?  I had been signed up for the SF.net mailing lists for a while
now and didn't see it come through, but I might've missed it (the list
does appear to have degenerated to a spam target these days).  I was
interested in pramfs a while back.

I don't know if Steve Longerbeam is on the list here or not, but I had
been talking to him ... maybe a year and a half ago now?  Maybe more
than that.  Anyway, when I was he'd said that he simply hadn't had the
time to keep working on it lately and he didn't think there was all
that much interest in it anymore anyway (IIRC).  If you had an
interest in doing some forward ports you might try pinging him again
or starting up the discussion on the mailing list and see who else
might be doing (or waitng for someone to do) the same thing.

--
-Joe.