Re: x86 efistub stable backports for v6.6

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 08:37, Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 02:03, xnox <dimitri.ledkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > > I will let the distro folks on cc answer this one.
> >
> > Canonical will want to backport this at least as far back as v4.15 for
> > Ubuntu and Ubuntu Pro. So yeah, as far back as possible will be
> > apperiated by everybody involved. Since if/when firmware (VMs or
> > Hardware) starts to require NX compat, it will be desired to have all
> > stable supported kernels with this support built-in.
> >

> Thanks for the data point, and good luck with backporting this to
> v4.15 or earlier. If it helps, I have a branch that backports
> LoadFile2 initrd loading support to v5.4 (below), which you will need
> to backport first. Going further back than v5.4 is going to be very
> messy IMHO.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ardb/linux.git/log/?h=efi-lf2-backport-x86

Yeah, we are not yet sure how far back we will actually manage to get
to. And things will need to move one series/generation at the time. As
other pieces need to land too.
And yes, the above repo is helpful.

--
Dimitri

Sent from Ubuntu Pro
https://ubuntu.com/pro

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]