Re: Regression in Linux 6.0.8 in Lenovo T14 Gen 3 when adding EFI boot entries

Hello Ard,

On Saturday 12 November 2022, you wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2022 at 16:26, Ulrich Gemkow
> <ulrich.gemkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Ard,
> >
> > thanks for looking into this!
> >
> > On Saturday 12 November 2022, you wrote:

> > > Hello Ulrich,
> > >
> > > Can you please share the complete kernel boot log when booting with
> > > efi=debug, and the .config used to build the kernel? Thanks.
> > >

> > please find attached the two files. Please do not get confused about
> > the kernel uname, the used kernel is 6.0.8. I use my own automated
> > setup and build environment which requires a different naming.
> >

> Does it work if you enable CONFIG_EFI_STUB?

Enabling CONFIG_EFI_STUB does not help, the problem remains.

I digged around and found that mounting the efivarfs solves the
problem. This was not required with 5.19. Is this an expected
or wanted change of behavior?

Best regards

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Gemkow
University of Stuttgart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]