Re: Disable lockdown while keeping SecureBoot enabled

On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 05:28:16PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 17:00, Antoine Damhet <antoine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since `5f56a74cc0a6d9b9f8ba89cea29cd7c4774cb2b1`[1] I can't have both
> > SecureBoot enabled and lockdown disabled (I need to do that to allow
> > undervolting on my intel laptop).
> >
> > My current bootchain is:
> >
> > systemd-boot -> kernel+initrd+cmdline as a unified kernel image and
> > signed using a personal custom key. I don't use the shim loader.
> >
> > Until now I disabled the lockdown by setting the `MokSBState` +
> > `MokSBStateRT` UEFI variables to 1. Now they need to be volatile.
> >

> OK, so this means the patch works as intended: MokSBState is owned by
> shim, and you are not booting via shim, and so honouring those
> variables was a bug.
>
> > Would you be open to either add a variable or a command-line argument to
> > disable the kernel lockdown while keeping SecureBoot enabled ?
>
> Can't you just omit the lockdown LSM from your kernel build?

It would probably work but I'm using a downstream Fedora build, I
would rather find a solution that would work in a default configure
state (eg: that distributions would be willing to use) if it's possible.

--
Antoine 'xdbob' Damhet

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]