Re: arm64/efistub boot error with CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STACKLEAK

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:21 AM Ard Biesheuvel
<ard.biesheuvel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 14:03, Mark Rutland <mark.rutland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 05:56:27AM -0400, skodde wrote:
> > > The kernel boots fine with that option disabled, but strangely
> > > presents the same error when disabling only CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE.
> >
> > That shouldn't be possible, given the IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE)
> > guard around the efi_get_random_bytes() call, so something sounds wrong.
> >
> > Maybe there's a problem with stale objects. If you're not doing so
> > already, could you try a clean build with CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE
> > deselected?
> >
> Also, can you try booting with the nokaslr command line option added?

You were right, I haven't tried with nokaslr, but it worked fine by
rebuilding the kernel after a distclean with CONFIG_RANDOMIZE_BASE
disabled and CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STACKLEAK enabled. That's what I was
expecting the first time and this is the reason why I mentioned it.
I've been recompiling too many times, sorry about that.

Anyhow, the main issue is the efi_get_random_bytes() fail with
CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_STACKLEAK enabled, and that's still valid.

Thanks

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]