Re: kexec reboot reset with efi_delete_dummy_variable

On 04/18/19 at 12:32pm, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 8:44 PM Dave Young <dyoung@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So why we still need delete/cleanup the dummy var after entering virt
> > mode?  Am I missing something?
>
> I can't think of any reason why you'd need to do this on kexec, but
> it's vital to do so in the real enter_virtual_mode() path. It should
> be safe to remove it from kexec_enter_virtual_mode(), but on the other
> hand it shouldn't be crashing, so I'd recommend figuring out what else
> is broken first rather than just deleting it.

Appreciate if you can elaborate a bit, I still do not understand why it
is vital.

About the kexec case, system just reset,  the test os runs with ovmf in
a kvm guest, Secure Boot enabled.  Do you have idea how to debug it?

Thanks
Dave

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]