Re: Git Trees for EFI Development

On Sun, 2012-10-07 at 16:08 -0400, Shea Levy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there an 'official' git tree to follow to keep track of the latest in
> kernel EFI development, or to base patches off of?

Since you're the second person that's asked for such a tree it's clearly
something that people want, so I created one here,

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfleming/efi.git

Below is how I'm planning on managing that tree for now, but this could
change in the future. However, if it does change I will be sure to let
this list know.

There are two public branches in that repository, 'master' and 'next'.
All changes that will be sent to Linus will be in 'master', 'next' is
kind of a development branch, and as such, will be subject to rebasing.
New features will go into 'next' (unless they're trivial) and bug
fixes/simple patches will go straight to 'master'.

If you want a branch to base your development on, I would pick 'master'.
On the odd occasion where things get merged from 'next' to 'master' and
those things conflict with your work, I'll ask you to repsin the patch
if it's a trivial conflict, or if it's more involved, I'll probably do
the merge resolution myself and ask you to review a temporary
post-resolution branch/tag to make sure I haven't fluffed anything.

Hope that helps.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center