Re: szap2 and Band L???

On Wed, 6 May 2009, armel frey wrote:
> I have a Hauppauge HVR-4000 and i would like to receive DVB-S2 !> The card works well in DVB-S and seems to work with szap-s2, but my problem> is that i have to receive DVB-S2 in Band L (950...2150MHz) and szap2 don't> tune this low fréquency.
When I see the range of 950-2150MHz, I think of the intermediatefrequency delivered from mixing the local oscillator with thereceived signal, which is passed from the LNB output throughthe attached cable.
In reality, this is what is tuned, although most commonly one makes use of the frequencies of the Ku band, which the tuning utility then converts to the IF frequency:tuning DVB-S to Freq: 2062000, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz tone=off, LNB: 1Event:  Frequency: 12662350
The same should be true for an LNB/dish to receive C-Bandsignals, for example, something I've not had any personalexperience, so I don't know how well it would be supportedby the different utilities.
Do you have an example of a particular DVB-S2 service whichyou want to receive?
My guess would be that if you need to tune a particularfrequency in that range, say, 2062MHz in the above example,you can achieve this by adding 9750 MHz -- the LO frequencyin the low range of Universal Ku band LNBs, and thenattempting to tune that frequency, whether that comes as theIF from a Ku, or C or Ka band LNB of whatever type -- Universalor otherwise.
Though I should hope that some utility will directly supportspecifying a frequency within the above bands directly, ifthat's what you're trying to do, or a non-universal-LNB LOfrequency...

barry bouwsma
_______________________________________________linux-dvb users mailing listFor V4L/DVB development, please use instead linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@linuxtv.orghttp://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb