Current state of DVB-C support

Hi there,
	I´d like to share with you my recent experience with DVB-C cards and a Brazilian Provider.		My first attempt to use a DVB-C was with a KNC1 card. I just had to download the latest source from dvb repository, compile and install. The card was identified, I could scan channels and watch TV. BUT some channels works very badly, as the card couldnt lock properly on a few transponders (309mhz and 321mhz). Running a czap on those channels shows that the card keep "locking" and loosing the lock.	I thought that the problem could be something with my cabling, so I tried my card at a friend´s house with the same results. I also tried a attenuator, but without success too.	  	On my second attempt I bought a twinhan CAB ci card. Card identified, but scan didnt worked. Some googleing later, I got it working by commenting the line 1360 in dst.c (!(state->dst_type == DST_TYPE_IS_CABLE) &&). To my surprise this card has NO problem locking on 309mhz and 321mhz channels. It seems to take a little longer to lock/changing channels compared to my twinhan DVB-S card (I´m comparing apples and oranges, right?), but so far it´s working ok.
	My third attempt was with a technisat cablestar HD2 card. I used the mantis repository to get the card working (is the mantis driver already merged with v4l-dvb?). Again, I can scan channels, but the card could not  lock on those Transponders. In fact it also take a lot longer to lock on a channel, but after it got a lock, it works right.
	Since twinhan works fine, I supose that there´s no problem with my cable/splitter. Also, I supose that the chance of two disctinct broken tuners is low. A recent thread on TT-1501 shows that, if I understood it right, there´s a kind of table where a power level is set to each frequency range. Is it possible that my two cards didnt worked on those especif transporders because of this kind of setting?
	I´m not a dev, but I would like to help to debug this. How can I help?
-- Christian LyraPOP-PR - RNP
_______________________________________________linux-dvb users mailing listFor V4L/DVB development, please use instead linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@linuxtv.orghttp://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb