RE : Question about EPG data - is there a logo in it?

EPG may have several formats: DVB standard or proprietary.
This depends on the network.

The DVB standard document which defines the Service Information
is ETSI EN 300 468: Specification for Service Information (SI)
in DVB systems. Latest version is 1.9.1 (March 2009). It can
be requested for free at etsi.org.

Using DVB, the EPG data is contained in EIT (Event Information
Table). There is no requirement for a channel logo. A very
recent icon_descriptor has been defined for such purpose but
I doubt it is actually used. I am not aware of networks doing
this.

Many networks, however, still use proprietary EPG data format.
So, DVB EIT's are not always the answer...

-Thierry