clock() returns 0 after poll() - anyone?

Hi Guys,

This might be a noob question, but here it goes.

I am playing with a small app, inspired from scan in linuxtv-dvb-apps. So I basically use poll() to collect data from dvb filters.
My problem is that I am using the clock() function to measure progressing time, alongside using the poll function to poll a list of filters. The funny thing is that clock returns 0 when I have called the poll function even though the poll function have been idle for a while. This screws up my timing.

I am using Eclipse CDT on a Ubuntu 8.10.

Is there an alternative to clock, when I need fine grained timing. Or should I poll the filters in an other way than using poll.

Kind regards and sorry or the inconvenience

Jesper Taxbøl