Strange load when using Pinnacle PCTV 73e and kernel 2.6.28.5

Hi everybody,

I have been using this USB dongle for almost a year, but recently,
switching from 2.6.27 to 2.6.28.5, I noticed that my small video server
now runs continuosly[1] with an average load of 0.50 about. Load average
returns within the 0.0x range when unloading all the dvb related
modules, so this issue is definitely caused by the dongle stuff (can't
say exactely what). By the way, same behaveour with both
dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw and dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw. Any suggestions?

Well, I'd like to ask one more question about this tiny dongle (although
it would probably be better to move it in a second mail): is it possible
to put the USB stick a low power state when not used? I'm not sure
whether this feature is already present or not, but I know that under
windows the light in the dongle turns on only when watching TV, while
with linux it is always on. I'm a little bit afraid this persistent full
power state will shorten its life. Is this nonsense?

Regards,
Marco Chiappero

[1] I use to plot system informations.