Re: Klear?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> Ubuntu has Klear DVB viewer/recorder. I like the GUI:
> Video image appears at one GUI drawing area, making
> switches between 4:3 and 16:9 modes transparent.
> Non-fullscreen and arbitrarily resizeable window is
> very practical.
> http://www.klear.org
>
> However, Klear has last update 2006, and it does not
> support subtitles which are very important here in Finland.
>
> I already wrote 50+ item feedback list which I posted to
> developers but because it is a freezed project, perhaps
> my list finds use here. What would be equivalent active
> DVB viewer/recorder project? I will contact them with my list
> if they are not here.
>
> Juhana
>
>  == Klear feedback follows ==
<snip>

Juhana,

I do not believe there is any shortage of people willing to suggest
features for the various applications.  We *do* however need people
who can actually implement those features.  Demanding that certain
things that you think are important "should be solved immediately" is
probably not the best way to get open source developers to help you
out.

Regarding the DVB subtitle support, I believe Kaffeine supports them.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com