Re: [BUG] changeset 9029 (http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/aa3e5cc1d833)

Steven Toth wrote:
> A general question to the group: Who wants to volunteer to retro fit
> videobuf_dvb into the current drivers so we can avoid calls to sw_filter_...n()
> directly?

Can videobuf_dvb be used by hardware with MPEG decoders, too? My
(probably not up-to-date) impression was that it's been designed
specifically for "budget" cards with no demux or decoder hardware. But
the sw_filter functions are useful for those devices, too, i.e. to
feed a PID to multiple userspace clients or to provide section filters
where some kind of hardware only provides basic PID filtering.

Regards,
Andreas