Re: [BUG] changeset 9029 (http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/aa3e5cc1d833)

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 13:36 +0100, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> e9hack wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this change set is wrong. The affected functions cannot be called from an interrupt
> > context, because they may process large buffers. In this case, interrupts are disabled for
> > a long time. Functions, like dvb_dmx_swfilter_packets(), could be called only from a
> > tasklet. This change set does hide some strong design bugs in dm1105.c and au0828-dvb.c.
> >
> > Please revert this change set and do fix the bugs in dm1105.c and au0828-dvb.c (and other
> > files).

Does anyone have a complete list of the drivers that are the bad actors?
It would be nice to have some sense of the scope of the work to fix
them, and to know who might have hardware for testing.

Hartmut mentioned 2 current problem drivers.  I know cx18 was a problem,
but I fixed it months ago.  I can agree in every driver that does things
wrong, it is a design error.  Fixing design errors will not be a quick
fix for most drivers

Regards,
Andy