Leadtek WinFast PxDVR3200 H

Hello list,
I have a Leadtek WinFast PxDVR3200 H that I am attempting to utilise with
MythTV.  The Wiki site states that experimental support exists for the DVB
side and that "Successful tuning of typical Australian channels" has been
achieved.
I am able to create a channels.conf (attached) using scan, and am then able
to tune using mythtv-setup, however none of these channels are viewable with
the mythfrontend due to it being unable to gain a lock.

Relevant bits and pieces:

scan, using the latest it-Varese file scan is able to tune to three of the
five transponders as per the attached file "scan".  It also scans on
800000000Hz but I have no idea why.

The file leadtek.dmesg contains the relevant info from dmesg (and
messages.log) regarding the initialisation of the card itself.  There are no
error messages at any time (that I am aware of) despite all of my fiddling
about.

Of the three transponders that are in my channels.conf file, the third one
(618000000Hz) causes an error when tuning in mythtv-setup.  It states that
channels are found but the tsid is incorrect.  As such, only the first two
successful transponders (706000000 and 602000000) are tuned by myth.

When I attempt to view the tuned channels, myth is unable to gain a lock on
any of them.  The reported signal strength is about 58% and the S/N varies
between 3 and 3.8dB.  I am able to tune DVB-T channels on my TV using the
same aerial cable but am wondering if signal strength is an issue.

I am running it on Kubuntu with a 2.6.24-19 kernel, I have a recent version
of the v4l-dvb tree (approx Nov 08) and am using firmware version 2.7.  I
haven't updated the drivers or the firmware as I have no reason to believe
there are changes that would effect this.  That said, if someone thinks
there has been changes I will get straight on it.

I am more than happy to provide more debugging info if required (if you are
willing to tell me where else to look) and appreciate any help provided.

Cheers
Wayne