Re: Cross-posting linux-media, linux-dvb etc

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:46:27 -0800
Bob Cunningham <FlyMyPG@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:13:26 +0100
> > Lars Hanisch <dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>   +1 from me
> >>
> >>   Although I'm not an active developer (I'm just an interested user),
> >> reading the lists at the moment is hard...
> >
> > Instead of just removing the ML, maybe the better is to change the reply to to
> > linux-media and send an autoreply message to the sender.
> >> Lars.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mauro
>
> Reasons I'd like to keep both lists going:
>
> 1. My subscription requests to linux-media have yielded nothing.  Anything broken with the approval process?

There's no approval process. Just submit the "subscribe linux-media" message to
the mailman email interface. It will send you a reply to confirm your email
address. After your reply-back, you'll be subscribed.

> 2. I agree with another poster: I only care about broadcast and cable video, both analog and digital.  I eventually hope to help get my "AnyTV AUTV002 USB ATSC/QAM Tuner Stick" supported by V4L, and then use it in a MythTV system.  I'd prefer a list that focuses on such devices and systems, if possible.  Which seems to match the mission of linux-dvb!

linux-dvb were used for DVB only. No analog tuner, Composite or S-video entries
were meant to be discussed there. Another ML were used for those discussions.
So, on the case of your device, before linux-media, people needed to do
cross-posting.

However, on several cases, only one of the lists were used by the thread
authors. So, if you were interested on such boards, you would need to subscribe
both lists, otherwise, you would loose some discussions that could be
interesting for you.

Cheers,
Mauro