Introduction

Mauro,

My name is Uri Shkolnik, I work at Siano Mobile Silicon as a software architect.

I tried to get in touch with you lately, but I had probably used the wrong email address, so forgive me for contacting by replying to a post of yours to the one of the LinuxTV mailing lists...

Siano develops DTV chip-sets (multi-standards, multi-interfaces) which are used by Siano's many customers and partners.
Couple of years ago, our Linux support was minimal, but that situation has changed, and proximately a year ago, we started to get more an more demand for Linux kernel support, and we started to offer a minimal set of drivers.

At the beginning, we used the excellent services given to us by Michael Krufky, and actually everything we want to publish went through him.

Recently, the number of Siano-based Linux projects and products increased significantly.

With the fast growing number of customers and projects, the number of additional interfaces, DTV standards and changes fast growth we needed a different approach.

On mid-November, we took the second approach which is suggested at the README.patches file, and submitted the patches to the linux-dvb mailing list, till today, except some people who took those patches and apply them locally on their systems, nothing has been done with those patches, and the main mercurial tree has not been updated with them.

The current state is that a huge gap has been opened between the LinuxTV repository (and from it to the Linux kernel git) offering and what we have at Siano.

We would like to close this gap ASAP and maintain an on-going, easy synchronizing process.

It seems that the best method to archive this goal is to have maintainer permissions on media/dvb/siano directory.

Please advice,

Best regard,

Uri Shkolnik
Software Architect