Re: s2-lipliandvb oops (cx88) -> cx88 maintainer ?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:52:56 -0500
Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mauro,
>
> Please be aware that I am not happy with my own patch.  The function
> should really make sure everything is OK *before* putting the object on
> the cx8802_devlist.  The failure cases are "Oops"es waiting to happen:
> the pointer is on the list, but the objects are deallocated in the
> failure cases - not good. :P

Agreed. We should fix it by providing some lock to avoid having udev opening
the device before the end of the complete device initialization.

As I had to patch that file on the same point, instead of adding your
patch, I've added your logic on my patch, and added a comment pointing to your
patch at mail archives.

Cheers,
Mauro