Re: DVB-S Channel searching problem

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 04.01.2009, 11:37 +0100 schrieb Gregoire Favre:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 09:29:44AM +0100, hermann pitton wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> > We else need at least i2c_debug enabled on the cx88xx, yes, that is the
> > busmaster :)
>
> Great, I have to try to do it, but I should first learn of a way to do
> it, I'll report ASAP.
>
> > I don't deny that strange things happened, wrong tuners loaded without
> > trace so far.
> >
> > Mike at least had a hotfix, not to allow analog only tuners to oops
> > around.
>
> Could you point me to an URL for this ?

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/rev/f9bdc9ff3da1

it must not be related at all, since it is still not clear how the wrong
tuner type sneaked in, could still be caused by user/system options.

But there seem to be some potential module load order problems.
In any case, I would not use "make load" at all trying to debug such!

I just tried and had to reboot on a x86_32 including lost keyboard.

Cheers,
Hermann