Re: DVB-S Channel searching problem

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Brice DUBOST wrote:

> > For instance the scan doesn't find RTL2, but if I add to channels.conf
> > RTL2:12187:h:0:27500:166:128:12020
> > then szap -r works correctly.

> Scan tunes on one frequency, and uses the informations given by the
> provider to find the others
>
> Sometimes (quite often in fact) the providers doesn't give full informations

In the case of Astra 19E2, the list of transponders is
sufficiently well-managed that pretty much regardless of
which transponder you start on, you'll get a list of most
of them, from which you'll get a list of them all.

Unlike, say, Hotbirds, where it's more or less a free-
for all...

To the original poster, what unusual things does the
output to the console of `scan -v' show, if you don't
see anything unusual for `scan' without -v ?

In particular, search for the particular frequencies
of RTL or any other transponders/channels which you
know are missing, or other obvious errors...