Re: pcHDTV-5500 and FC10 (resend, was too big)

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 17:28 -0600, Greg wrote:
> I have been trying to get my PCHD-5500 card to work  with FC10. So far
> I am able to get  the analog tuner portion of the card to work but not
> the digital. Devinheitmueller was pointing me in the direction to
> look. I am getting a crash in one of the modules, which looks like it
> is coming from the line:
>
> div = ((frequency + t_params->iffreq) * 62500 + offset +
> tun->stepsize/2) / tun->stepsize;
>

> The crash is apparently being cased by a zero stepsize. This crash
> occured when I was scanning for channels either from mythtvset or
> Kaffeine, or a command line program that came with the card. I also
> have  Hauppague 250 card in the system which seems to work.
>
> If I select the digital tuner from mythtv the application just hangs
> and I get a blank screen.
>
> I tried hacking the tuner-types.mod.c file and adding the following
> lines to it that I coppied from one of the other cards (though I
> suspect these values are not right for this card)
>
>     [TUNER_LG_NTSC_TAPE] = { /* LGINNOTEK NTSC */
>                 .name   = "LG NTSC (TAPE series)",
>                 .params = tuner_fm1236_mk3_params,
>                 .count  = ARRAY_SIZE(tuner_fm1236_mk3_params),
>                 //adding these lines copied from above so that we have
> no-zero values
>                 .min = 16 * 53.00,
>                 .max = 16 * 803.00,
>                 .stepsize = 62500,

The TAPE-Hxxx series tuners are an LG rebrand of the equivalent Phillips
tuner.  The TAPE-H091F-MK3 and TAPE-Hxxx data sheets I have say this
about the analog ranges:

Low :   55.25 - 157.25 MHz
Mid :  163.25 - 439.25 MHz
High:  445.25 - 801.25 MHz
FM:     88.00 - 108.00 MHz

The step size is programmable: 31.25 kHz, 50.00 kHz, 62.50 kHz, ...

With a control byte of 0x8e (as in the tuner_fm1236_mk3_params), you're
programming a step size of 62.50 kHz.

Of course this is an analog M/N system tuner with FM radio.  I suspect
this isn't the tuner you're looking for, for Digital TV.

Regards,
Andy