Re: DVICO dual express incorrect readback of firmware message (2.6.28 kernel)

oops.. didn't finish the last sentence.. at the time I checked dmesg this morning, it was displaying this behaviour but nothing was being recorded or watched at that moment in time.

In the short term is this something that might be worked around by going back to hg drivers, or would you prefer I stick with the in-kernel ones, to help work out what is happening.

On Wed Dec 31 11:41 , "sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" sent:

This is a MythTV system (backend and frontend).. I have it setup with the option to only engage the adaptor when in use (but can't change this at the moment, I'm at work and have been accessing via ssh.. obviously one of the slowest days of the year). I did get my girlfriend to activate the tv player as soon as the system came up.

I'm using Gentoo but dont know how to display the timing of the messages. I can't see anything on the dmesg man page.

However, it appears to be almost constantly occurring. If I run dmesg back to back it has written at least one new line (so sub 2 seconds at a very rough estimate). Right now the entire buffer has filled with this message and appears to be continuously writing it.

At the time of discovery (I noticed the jitter last night, but only checked dmesg today)..

On Wed Dec 31 11:21 , "Devin Heitmueller" sent:

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM, sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is the full output from startup (attached as dmesg.txt) .. the looping
> message in the original email starts immediately after (re ran dmesg after
> writing this file to check)..
> I hope this is useful

Is this a MythTV system or something that does a scan at startup?

Also, can you provide any timing info as to the frequency of the
messages (some distributions include the time down to the ms in their
dmesg output, but I don't know how that is configured)

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com