cx88 (Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus DVB-S) doesn't like to share interrupt?

Hello!
With debian stable (kernel 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686 #1 SMP) on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+,
MSI KT4AV (VIA KT400) my Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus DVB-S does not work well.

The DVB receiver used to share an interrupt with an
USB / firewire combo interface board.
After a few minutes of viewing TV (kaffeine 0.8.3), the system started
skipping frames, until it displayed only 3 or 4 frames a second,
with heavily distorted audio. Sometimes stopping and restarting helps.

Since I moved the USB interface to a different PCI slot, this problem
seems to be gone.

This is a regression, because as far as I can remember,
when I set up the system some time ago,
it worked far better than now. But I can't tell which change in the system
did this.

Is this a known problem?
Would a dist upgrade to "debian testing" help?

With best regards
Hartmut Niemann