Re: How to stream DVB-S2 channels over network?

Hi,

BOUWSMA Barry schrieb:
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Artem Makhutov wrote:
>
>> I have recorded the stream to a file and will try to playback it under windows.
>> My CPU is too slow to playback the stream without GPU acceleration under linux.
>
> A common occurrence, I say, fondling my beloved 200MHz
> production machine that records four streams flawlessly
> (save for two devices being USB1 and thus only good for
> radio or selected TV clamped to a maximum bitrate, for
> now)
>

> I pass all my recordings through a two-pass process to
> check for problems (for radio, obviously just one pass)
>
> I have a script that extracts the audio payload using a
> hack to `dvb_mpegtools' and passes it to `mpg123'.  The
> `dvb_mpegtools' serves to check the integrity of the
> Transport Stream (usually when bad weather affects my
> satellite reception, or when my DVB-T receiving antenna
> is placed in a poor location); `mpg123 -v -t' zips through
> the file and spits out any corrupted audio frames.
>
> (The version of mpg123 I use doesn't seem to do anything
> with the CRC when used, and it gets confused when the
> CRC is toggled during a stream, which has happened a few
> times during recordings I've made.  That's something
> which I should work on, because I have a few recordings
> with audible blorps that pass the `mpg123' test, probably
> due to flipped bits in the payload rather than dropped
> data.)
>

> Then I use `mplayer' to check the video, using the
> options `-nosound -vo null' and in the case of MPEG-2
> video, `-vc ffmpeg12'.  This will spit out errors due
> to corruption of the video data -- though you need to
> hack in some newlines if you want to actually see the
> PTS timestamp where the error(s) occurred.
>
> For H.264 video, there is no alternative to `-vc ffh264'
> that I know of, but it will similarly spew out errors
> if there's damage to your source.
>
> Sure, it takes my machines more than a day to chew through
> an hour of H.264 1080i video, but I know whether I need
> to re-record the programme later to get a clean file that
> I can watch in some ten years when people throw away the
> gamer machines of today.  Yeah, I'm cheap.  What of it?
>

> That's a lot easier than suffering eyestrain watching a
> screen for some scarcely-visible corruption, which I
> used to do long ago...

Thats interesting. Thanks.

I have replayed the recorded video file on Windows and I saw some
artifacts in the stream. So the stream is corrupted.

Today I have also replaced my 60cm dish with a 80cm one.

Now I have much less curruptions in the stream.

The most interesting thing is, that I had absolutly no corruptions in
the stream under windows with the 60cm dish, and under Linux I still
have some corruptions with the 80cm dish.

So the reception is much better with windows then with linux...

Regards, Artem