Re: Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 84xxx remote control

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Bob <pongo_bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know much about hg diffs. Might be better if you do the tweaks. I've now got my TD-500 working with MythTV and lirc and I'm a happy bunny. How long does it take for v4l changes to appear in the stable kernel code ?
>
> regards,

Hello Bob,

Assuming you followed the instructions on http://linuxtv.org/repo to
install the latest source, just do the following

cd v4l-dvb
hg diff > tda_500_remote.diff

And then send me the "tda_500_remote.diff" file.

In terms of "how long it takes to appear in the stable kernel code",
there are typically three levels - first the change will appear in the
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb repository, and then when the next merge
window opens it gets pushed to the mainline kernel for inclusion in
the next release.  Then the Linux distributions take in that kernel
for their next major release.

So, for a relatively straightforward change like this it will usually
take three to six months (depending on the distribution's release
cycle).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller