Re: Junior Dev Help: Compro VideoMate T220 driver questions.

Hi,

only at a first look.

Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2008, 12:54 +1000 schrieb Robin Perkins:
> Hello All,
>

> I'm trying to write a driver for my Compro Videomate DVB-T220 card
> (It's a saa7134 based card). I have made a wiki
> page: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_DVB-T220 that contains the state of my card from the start. I have created a patch: IncompletePatchVideoMateT220.rtf that produces this output: dmesgOutput.rtf. Basically all the chipsets are identified, I just can't work out the right way to get them to work together. So I have a number of questions about my patch.
>

> Firstly, in the card configuration file, how do you determine the
> right vmux values to use for your inputs. At the moment I have just
> been attempting to purely guess.

Well done. Start with the most common.

Next could be to look at devices from the same manufacturer.
Also Philips/NXP m$ .inf files can have some hints.

Else, create enough inputs for composite (0-4) and s-video (6-9) and
just test.

> Second, my saa7134-dvb.c init and config functions are guesswork based
> on looking at what other similar cards do in here. Is there any
> insight as to what I need in here ?

I would hang here the same way. The tuner and demod address seem to be
right for sure.

> Finally, from the RegSpy dump on the wiki I can see changes to a few
> SAA7134 registers. Do I need to worry about integrating these into the
> driver somehow ?

Seems not.

You can consider to derive a gpio_mask from there and set .gpio per
input for what is in the mask. Two pins are, the third and highest is in
off. Only 0-27 are valid.

Cheers,
Hermann