Re: pci_abort messages from cx88 driver

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

Andy Walls wrote:

> You've logically leaped too far.  You can only say that the aborted PCI
> transfers, if any actually happened, didn't matter to apparent proper
> operation of the device in it's current mode of operation.
>
> That said, maybe the best course of action is to ignore PCI aborts when
> a capture is ongoing.  It however, may not be the best idea to ignore
> such errors when setting up for a capture or controlling I2C device
> through the chip.

The interrupts in question are specifically related to the transport
stream.

>> It may be worth fixing this in the main code to hide the problem for
>> unfortunate users of this & related cards until the real problem is
>> found. Unfortunately I doubt I can help there as a detailed knowledge
>> of the Conexant PCI interface device is probably required to pursue it.
>
> Maybe not.  Look at the cx18 driver where a similar issue was
> confronted.

Yuk. I see what you mean. I don't think I really want to go that far.
The fix is minor so I don't mind patching kernels for my own use
when they get upgraded. If I start getting other problems as a consequence
I may just give up on the card but fingers-crossed it's working OK
for now.

regards,

John