Re: Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 84xxx remote control

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Bob <pongo_bob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I used the following kludge :
>
>  The code for handling the remote is missing in linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c. Around line 1402 in you need to add
>
>                        },
>                },
>
>                .rc_interval      = DEFAULT_RC_INTERVAL,
>                .rc_key_map       = dib0700_rc_keys,
>                .rc_key_map_size  = ARRAY_SIZE(dib0700_rc_keys),
>                .rc_query         = dib0700_rc_query
>
> pinched from the remotes above.
>
> This enables the remote if you recompile and reload the module you should see a new input device in dmesg, in my case I can cat /dev/input/event4 and see the key presses.
>
> Unfortunately , the code in dib0700_rc_query always returns the last key pressed so you get an event every 150mS with the same key in it. So on to the next kludge :
>
> At the top of dib0700_rc_query I added:
>
> static int toggle;
>
> and after i = dib0700_ctrl_rd( blah blah) :
>
> if ( key[2] == toggle )
>  return 0;
> toggle = key[2];
>
> This checks if the key fetched from the remote is the same as the last and returns if it is thus dumping all the repeats from dib0700_ctrl_rd;
>
> Now you should find that UP , DOWN , LEFT and RIGHT keys work ok but not much else.
>
> Kludge No.3 coming up :
> Starting around line 612 in dib0700_devices.c are the key mappings for the Hauppauge remote. I changed the mapping for KEY_OK to KEY_ENTER so now I can navigate menus and select items.
>
> And that is as far as I've got ..

Hello Bob,

Are you using the latest code and 1.20 firmware?  I pushed in a fix on
December 8 that as far as I know addressed the last of the remaining
dib0700 IR issues.

It is possible that your device is missing it's RC declaration, which
I can add.  But you shouldn't be seeing any more repeat problems.

If people are still having dib0700 IR issues, I would like to hear
about it, since I thought I fixed them all...

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com