Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 84xxx remote control

Hi all,

I have just bought one of these cards (a Nova-TD-500 84xxx) for my dad
as a Christmas present (no, he hasn't opened it yet!).  While the tuners
are functioning perfectly, the driver doesn't support the infrared
receiver on the card.  I have tried using the latest firmware and
drivers from hg but the driver itself defines no remote control query
function or key mapping for these devices.  It also doesn't work if I
bodge in the regular Nova-T 500 rc_query and keymaps.

Does anybody have any ideas about how the infrared receiver in this
device (84xxx) is accessed differently to the older Nova-T 500 cards?
I'd love to try and get it working but I don't really know anything
about these devices or where to start.  Does anybody have any pointers
or documentation for the 84xxx card?

Kind regards,

George Reid