Re: Fw: Re: Avermedia A312 wiki page

-----Original Message-----
From: Devin Heitmueller [mailto:devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:51 PM
To: Daniel Perzynski
Cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Fw: Re: Avermedia A312 wiki page

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Daniel Perzynski
<Daniel.Perzynski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I would have to look at the source and I don't have access to it right
now.  I would recommend you grep the tree for "Cyprus" or "fx2"

> 'For your product, you need to do basically the same thing' - do you want
me
> to add information about my card and its
> device profile to em28xx-cards.c for analog TV and to em28xx-dvb.c for
> Digital?
>

> No, I was using that as an example.  The em28xx is a different USB
> bridge.  You would want to register your USB ID with the CY7C68013A
> driver.
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller
> http://www.devinheitmueller.com
> AIM: devinheitmueller

Hi Devin,

There is no CY7C68013A driver. Cypress fx2 bus is mentioned for example in
cxusb.c file. In dvb-usb-ids.h I probably need to add my card USB id and
description.
Cxusb.c is including lgdt330x.h ( I have lgdt3304), tuner-xc2028.h (probably
that driver is supporting xc3028 also) and cx25840 is mentioned in the code
also. Looks like the proper candidate to modify that source to provide
support for my card.

Please let me know if my thinking is correct.

Regards,