From: Devin Heitmueller [mailto:devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 11:22 PM
To: daniel. perzynski
Cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Fw: Re: Avermedia A312 wiki page

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 5:10 PM, daniel. perzynski
<daniel.perzynski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm asking again for more help as I haven't received any response to
> my previous e-mail pasted below. I've tried to run
> SniffUSB-x64-2.0.0006.zip but is not working under vista :( I've also
> found that card is using merlinb.rom and merlinc.rom (they are listed
> in device manager in windows vista)
>> I've tried to load all v4l modules (one by one) in 2.6.27.4 kernel -
>> nothing in syslog :( I've then compiled and tried to load lgdt330x,
>> cx25840,tuner-xc2028 and
>> wm8739 from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb mercurial repository -
>> nothing in syslog :(
>>
>> At the end I've used http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb-experimental
>> repository and when doing:
>>
>> insmod em28xx_cx25843, I've received :) Nov 30 21:43:54 h3xu5
>> cx25843.c: starting probe for adapter SMBus
>> I801
>> adapter at 1200 (0x40004)
>> Nov 30 21:43:54 h3xu5 cx25843.c: detecting cx25843 client on address
>> 0x88
>>
>> It is a small progress and I need even more help here. There is a
>> question if I'm doing everything right? Do I need to load the modules
>> with parameters? Why I need to do next to help in creation of working
>> solution for that A312 card?
>
> Regards,

Hello Daniel,

Don't use http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb-experimental, that's a very old
repository.

Just loading the modules does nothing.  They won't do anything unless they
know about your hardware.

I would start with the bridge:  CY7C68013A

You need to get the bridge working before you can get any of the peripherals
working (such as the lgdt3304 demod, the 3028 tuner, or the cx25843
decoder).

Once you have the bridge working, you can set the GPIOs to bring the other
chips out of reset and then do i2c enumeration and device registration.

Do you plan on doing analog support first or digital?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com