Quality with linux worse then with Windows

Hi,

i got a

TerraTec Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_DT_USB_XS_Diversity

Running well with v4l (except the problems with the SB700 USB ports of
my MB (disconnects here and then) => I am using a PCI USB Card with NEC
Chipset and everything works well).

One thing that bugs me:

The recording/reception quality is much worse that with windows.

Using the Terratec Software i get 100% signal and 100% quality in
check-mode and i NEVER got any frameloss or other picture/sound errors.

Using v4l and vdr i get mpeg-blocks here and then (5 minutes) and even
soundloss or complete frame loss.

Femon-Plugin for VDR shows me STR/SNR/BNR values which are in the lower
orange area, really close to red. => BAD!

What may be the cause?

This is set:
options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1

Would be nice to see help to get 100% signal back.

+ Contact? => http://site.rusch.name/ +