Re: AnyTV AUTV002 USB ATSC/QAM Tuner Stick

Bob Cunningham wrote:
> Bob Cunningham wrote:
>> Bob Cunningham wrote:

>>> There are 3 chips, from the USB to the cable connector they are:
>>> AU0828A
>>> AU8522AA
>>> MT2131F
>>>
>>> The silk screen text on the PC board reads "AUTV002_Ver1.0c"
>>>
>>> Pictures soon!
>>>
>>> -BobC
>> Hi yet again,
>>
>> I checked the source, and it seems the patch I found (http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=122416362902362&w=2) had indeed not yet been committed to the tree.  I applied it to my updated source and reinstalled v4l.  The following devices now appear:
>>
>> /dev/audio1
>> /dev/dsp1
>> /dev/dvb/adapter0
>> /dev/mixer1
>> /dev/ptmx
>>
>> I have no idea if they are functional!  I tried running xine, but I am unfamiliar with it, so I don't know if there is a problem in the driver, or if it is a PEBKAC.
>>
>> What is the preferred testing strategy?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -BobC
>

> As I stumbled through the maze, I was suddenly struck by a clue-by-4, and the following occurred:
>
>     $ dvbscan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
>     Unable to query frontend status
>
> I take it this is not a good thing.
>

> -BobC

Tried this next:
    $ scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
    scanning /usr/share/dvb-apps/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
    >>> tune to: 57028615:8VSB
    WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
    >>> tune to: 57028615:8VSB (tuning failed)
    ... snip over 40 other attempts ...
    >>> tune to: 803028615:8VSB
    WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
    >>> tune to: 803028615:8VSB (tuning failed)
    WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
    ERROR: initial tuning failed
    dumping lists (0 services)
    Done.

Still not success, but at least the devices were found and are accessible.

-BobC