Re: cx18: Extensive interrupt and buffer handling changes need test

On Nov 19, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Andy Walls wrote:

cx18 driver users:

I have implemented quite a few cx18 driver changes in my current
experimental repo at

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx18-bugfix

The goal behind these changes is to fix problems with simultaneous
analog and digital capture causing the driver to quit after a while.
And to fix related problems with buffers getting lost and falling out of
the driver<->firmware transfer rotation.

To achieve that result, I had to do extensive rework of how interrupts
were handled and some buffer handling tweaks.  I'm looking for (brave)
testers to give this stuff a try, or an inspection, before I ask Mauro
to pull it. I also plan to do testing on my other two machines in a day
or two.

Please test the debug parameter with at least info and warn set:

# modprobe cx18 debug=3

I am especially interested in

1. How often you get messages like the following on your system?

cx18-0 warning: Possibly falling behind: CPU self-ack'ed our incoming CPU to EPU mailbox (sequence no. nnnn)

Andy,

dmesg output attached. Seems to happen frequently.

Brandon