Re: [Bulk] Re: Announcement: wiki merger and some loose ends

Hi Johannes, sorry for the delay in replying:

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> I also hope the design drafts on User:CityK will manifest itself on the main page
> sometime.

I hope so too. Though, going to definitely need the help of a graphic
artist to transfer the rough ideas into something a little more
refined (like a nice scalable graphic and icon set). Such talents are
beyond my current skill set, and I don't really have the time or
interest to pick them up.

M.Krufky once expressed interest in helping in that regard, but I
suspect he has enough on his plate as it is. But it shouldn't be too
hard to find someone who can work on this aspect.

> BTW, don't hesitate to ask for technical assistance directly,
> although I can't promise anything since we are moving our office
> this week so there's little time left for linuxtv...

Okay, thanks. First request: When you have some free time, can you look
into setting up a "V4L:" namespace please. See relevant pages below (I
've tried, but I can't figure out how to edit the LocalSettings.php file
-- apparently I'm not the only one; see last link).

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Namespace
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Using_custom_namespaces
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgExtraNamespaces
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:LocalSettings.php
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:LocalSettings.php#Where_is_this_file.3F

I'll get back to you in the near future on a few other points.